www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Warm Weekend

Default Warm Weekend

Just wondering how fishing was all weekend....How well is the lake clearing up since the rains?

As far as the weekend....For me it was tough. Friday I fished with AFChris for about 3.5 hours and never saw a fish. We proceeded to throw some lines back and make a few trolling passes and I lucked into a 32"er. I fished 4 hours on Saturday and it was much too windy for me to effectivewly work any spots in my boat. Sunday I also fished for about 3.5-4 hours and did not see a fish. It seems like you really have to fish all day because the windows are not very predictable and have not been moon related for me. I know Chad was out all weekend...hopefully he found some fish.

Default Clearing

As far as the clearing up....the main lake clarity is between 2-4 feet. There were a few bays that were protected from the strong winds Friday and Saturday that have better clarity than others that faced the Northeast (because the winds was out of the Southwest). I have not fished the upper stretched of lake much and am guessing it is still much dirtier than the main lake. Hope this helps...

Thanks, kinda sucks to hear that it's been so tough lately.....

Chad-

How did you do all weekend?

Well, it basically sucked for us too this past weekend. On Friday, we did get a nice 46.5 on a Nutbuster, and a 34. On Saturday, we only managed one small fish and we seen seven total. Mostly all small fish. Sunday I got a 36", and only saw one other fish all day. Today, we saw five, hooked two, and landed a 43". Pretty slow!! We did raise one big girl today though.

Water is still very muddy on the north end of the lake, but the main lake and bays have cleared up nicely.
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com