Hi Folks

What a beautiful November we have, and Musky fishing is finally, really hitting its stride. Fish are very active and taking suckers readily. When heading out musky fishing, concentrate your efforts on deep week edges. These seem to be the places where I’ve been having the most activity. I’ve kept my suckers kept fairly shallow, only about 3 feet under the surface, working water depths of 13 to 17 feet. Medium-sized suckers around 12-14 inches are what I’ve been liking. Some good lakes to try in the Boulder Junction and Lakeland area would be Big Lake – west of Boulder Junction, Cedar Lake, White Sand Lake in Boulder Junction, High Lake and Big Bearskin.

WALLEYE fishing is moving along on the slow side. We’re picking up fish but they haven’t been coming easy. Jigs tipped with fathead minnows, or gulp, has been working. Twenty-seven feet has been the magic number on the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage. Some of the inland lakes I’ve been on, 30 to 40 ft depths Are where I’ve been concentrating. On the Willow Flowage, concentrate your efforts on submerged wood outside the river channels. The bonus out here will be crappies, and quite a few of them.

That’s it for now. See you on the water. Jeff Winters