My nephew called me Friday night and asked if i wanted to go hunting!After the week i had fighting off the flu bug i said id text him in the am, if i was going.Woke up with the alarm going off and felt good and decided I wanted to go hunting.We set the canoe, in the water about 5:30am and headed across to the other side of the lake.Reached our spot and parted ways as I was fumbling thru the dark I came upon a fawn dead with an arrow in her hip it pissed me off!I walked a few more feet and my light on my ball cap fell off picked it up and the batterys fell out.At this point im feeling real negative but since im gonna be hunting on the ground I continue.I reach what seemed like a haunted tree vines hanging down everywhere and said this is it.I put out some scents and snuggle down in the tree wondering what kind of lanes im gonna have come daylight.When daylight arose I was impressed I had shots all around me and I was concealed.8am nothing 9am heard alot of noises north of me and even heard your busted snorts north of me.10am I look to my left and I see a shadow 10yds away look over and a big doe is 10yds away staring at me blows snot jumps in the air twice and stands 25yds brodeside she wonders away.10:30am I hear a grunt look to my right and see a rack on the ground moving dirt.At that moment i said thats a shooter and and I got totally prepared for that deer to walk the same path the doe did.And it did and stopped 10yds away and I pulled the trigger and about threw my cross bow up against a tree as it stood and looked at me after the shot it then trotted away stopped and looked back at me then fell over.I have never been so over joyed in mylife hunting!It was a nice 7point buck and my 1st buck, for me it was a trophy and ill never forget it.After the week I had fighting the flu I realized I didnt wanna die without killing my 1st buck.To me having a buck within 10yds and having a doe within 10yds doesnt get anymore ethical but will admit I thought I missed him completely.Im not a gun slugger and youth hunt begins this weekend im glad I finally shot a Buck with a cross bow id like to have shot the 12 pointer but opportunity didnt present itself.Now I can chase pig saugeyes,walleyes and musky for the remainder of the year cause im tagged out not bad only hunting 4times this year!