www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Kinkaid Conditions

Default Kinkaid Conditions

We are heading down next Wed through Sat. Do you think the turnover at this time of the year, next week, will make it a tough bite; or is the water already turned over? Also, if it does not rain over the weekend, will the water be somewhat cleared up by next Wed. on the southern part of the lake? We have a very long drive and want to get a better idea of the conditions down there.

Thanks,
    Jason

Without any more rain, the lake should start to clear up by next week. The main lake isn't too bad, but anywhere there is a big creek coming in, it is pretty muddy. The north end of the lake looks like chocolate pudding right now. The lake appears to have completely turned over already as I have seen fish down to 40 feet, and there was a weird film on the lake last weekend.

Lots of things making the fishing tough right now. We only moved three fish all day yesterday, and none of them hit for us. I heard of a few fish being caught yesterday, but all small ones. It has to get better soon!!
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

Default Newbie

Plan to head down Sunday. Are the fish deeper when the lake turns over? I have fished Kinkaid a few times and moved a few fish, but have not landed one yet.

What type of area do they hold in this time of year. Never been down this late in the year.

Thanks,
    Dave

True. I hope it gets hot late next week! Are their still a decent amount of weeds on the southern part of the lake, or have most of them dissappeared already since the lake has turned?

Fishing continues to be tough. We hooked three today, and only landed one. I got a small one on a bulldawg, my client lost one on a figure 8 while slow rolling a spinnerbait, and I lost one on our new twitch bait. Both fish we lost were in the mid to upper 30's.

The weeds on the lake are still in great shape. Tons of weeds. All of our fish came off weeds.
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

Hows everything been goin....The weekend look to be very nice, hopefully things really start picking up