www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: NOV 3rd REPORT

Default NOV 3rd REPORT

Weather continues to play the most important role in fishing lately. High winds have been an issue lately, obviously making boat control a major issue.

The last couple of days the weather has been decent and so has the bite. I've been fishing with Gillespie the last 2 days and we got lucky with some "being at the right place at the right time" kind of bites. We got 6 muskies over the last two days, including a nice tiger(42")...we also squeezed in 1/2 of a show with walleyes and crappies....nothing huge, but some good eaters.

Everything that we caught over the last couple of days were relating to the deepest areas in their respective lakes. I am fishing deeper holes and looking to the their edges and steepest breaks. All the muskies came on suckers, although we did have about 5 follows in the last 2 days. Walleyes and crappies were taking fatheads on just a split shot and hook just suspended off the bottom. The best approach here was to just hang the bait over the side of the boat and wait for a bite.

The next couple of days looks to warm up again, so who knows what it'll do to the bite again....we just can't get consistant fall weather.

I do know that for muskies, I've got 2 tips....fish slow, fish deep and drag some meat.....oh wait, that's three....

We got 6 bites, 4 fish in the boat from 36 to 44 and lost 2 around 40-42 at the boat, but got great video....

Here's a photo from a good customer at Fibber's and a guy who listens and takes good advice....good job Ron.

Good Luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ronh.jpg 
Views:	600 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	7698  
    Last edited by Rob Manthei; 11-03-2009 at 10:16 PM.
    Rob Manthei Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.robmanthei.com

http://www.stgermainlodge.com

Any Updates Rob or Ken ?? It's 13 days into November with goofy weather patterns. Just wanted to hear how you guys are doing!! Ken, still waiting for that sucker footage!

I have learned this fall that cold fronts equal better action. Every weekend I have had a snow storm or cold front pass through I have had action. South winds have meant crummy fishing for me.

My son caught his first muskie on Sunday, a 37". I think I may have been more excited than he was. Utilized both Rob's rigging technique and methods I learned from Ken earlier this fall.

BTW- Rob's hunting deer and Ken is probably hunting cookies