www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: First big musky

Default First big musky

I just caught a 51 on 10/29 from the Chippewa Flowage, which is my first over 50 (hopefully the one that tops this will come from Eagle next year!). Anyway, it's replica time, and I am currently undecided between Fittante and Rick Lax. Does anybody have any pros or cons from either of the two from their own experience? From looking at their websites, the main concern I have is that I haven't seen a picture of any dark, solid colored flowage fish. Let me know what you think. I welcome everyone's opinion.

danimalw

We have had all (6) our replica's done with Lax. I can't say anything bad about Fittante but Lax has been/is great! I personally love the mounts. Zero complaints! Just something about the mounts that just look so like the picture of the fish. Also remember Lax helps sponsor Herbies musky hunt. Take a look at his website or ask him to get some examples of that type of water fish. If the wesite doesn't show that type I am pretty sure he has an example, if not he can match the picture good. Both Rick and Ron Lax have been great to us over the years and never had a finished product that was not good. Just my opinion. Gongrats on your beauty!

Steve Schwengel
    Last edited by Steve S WI; 11-03-2009 at 12:56 AM.

the replica of my pb was done by lax at herbies recommendation, and its perfect!!! i can show you a pic when i go home next weekend if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexnsw View Post
    the replica of my pb was done by lax at herbies recommendation, and its perfect!!! i can show you a pic when i go home next weekend if you want.
    Yeah, let's see it. Both places come highly recommended by top notch people, so I am sure I'll be happy wherever I decide to go. Anybody have a ballpark estimate of what I should expect to pay?

Default herbie

i believe they are around 13-14.00 an inch
    go to www.laxreproductions.com
    you should be able to find everything there or simply just give rick a call personally.
    715 547 3710
    715 490 3710 cell
    tell him i sent ya.
    herbie
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com