www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Mille Lacs update 10/27

Summer - Mille Lacs; Winter - Clearwater, MN

Default Mille Lacs update 10/27

Fishing has been good - not on fire - but good. On most days for the past week or so we've fished the day for one bite. The last few days have been better. I was off the water Mon. Two days ago (Sun.) we got a big one on a Pounder and almost hooked up at boat-side with another big one. The day before that (Sat.) we had three fish hit and unfortunately didn't boat any. Two of the fish didn't hang on long after the hookset and the other was on for awhile but shook off about 20 feet from the boat. That's musky fishing I guess.

The water temperature this morning is 43 and the water is fairly clear. The presentations that have been working lately have been big spinnerbaits and big plastic. For spinnerbaits I've been using big, single #10 Colorado bladed baits fished slow. The 3 oz Rad Dog with the #10 has been a very good bait and I also like the huge spinnerbait made by Shumway with a long arm and a single #10. Slow roll the spinners so they're running deep. Big plastic is an absolute must this time of year. Magnum and Pounder Bulldawgs and the Mo Joe by Live Action Lures have been getting the most use in my boat. There's also a Castaic cisco swimbait that works great on shallower spots. The plastics are producing more than the spinnerbaits.

I'll be back out guiding today and the rest of the week. It's supposed to be pretty warm the next few days and then it'll get cold for Halloween weekend.
    Enduro Guide Service
    Paul Schlagel

Web Site: http://www.enduroguideservice.com

..."we got a big one."

C'mon man, are you just teasing us!

Summer - Mille Lacs; Winter - Clearwater, MN

It was 54 X 26. I'll put up a photo or two. I'm still waiting for a lot of the photos to be e-mailed to me. When I get all the photos I'll post a couple.
    Enduro Guide Service
    Paul Schlagel

Web Site: http://www.enduroguideservice.com