www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Last Fishing Report of 2009 10/24/2009

Default Last Fishing Report of 2009 10/24 - 10/25/2009

This is the last fishing report for 2009 on what has been a fantastic fishing season, except for the last couple of weeks.

It has been an interesting last 2 weeks of fishing. We have not been out much because of weather and lack of fish. The 20 degree drop in water temp stunned the feeding patterns of the walleyes. Fishing was poor the last 2 weeks, not catching many keepers. Maybe now it is coming around, or I got lucky today. We had an excellent morning having our limit caught by 1:00p.m. I am now a jig fisherman, hard for alot of people to believe, who know me. I do not know if was a one day thing or a trend. We are fishing deep, 25 - 30 feet of water. (After today, Sunday, I believe it is trend)

Hopefully tomorrow, Richard can fish as good as Kyle (both from Omaha area).
    Richard did better today (Sunday). Everyone did well this morning. Group caught their limit by 11:30p.m.

We will still be doing some guiding through mid November, weather and walleye bite permitting.

Look forward to seeing you
    Mike Allen
    Last edited by Mike Allen; 10-25-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com