www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Pre Rut action

Default Pre Rut action

The leaves are falling fast and mid day activity has trickled to a stand still. Majority of movement is early morning or just before dusk. Were seeing alot of fresh scrapes with just small bucks cruising feeding areas. This weekend should be HOT. Good luck to all and remember to add photo's or anything hunting related.

Glen
    RUTTNUT Whitetail Hunting Guide Service
    Wisconsin's Premiere Whitetail Deer Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: www.ruttnut.com

Default It's close to breaking loose

Bucks of all sizes are cruising all of the midday. We have pulled our camera's and are hoping we've done our homework. Phil has been seeing 4-6 Shooter bucks a day. I've noticed the grunt is not effective this early. Hopefully by Sunday we'll be rolling strong. Get out this weekend for the hunts of a lifetime. Hope all is well and good luck.

Glen Loppnow

Frank, you won't see any at Hammer Down....

Default November 7 Update

Hot weather had most deer down for the good part of the day. We saw many small bucks pestering does off and on all day. Rattling lightly with a bag rattle brought bucks into bow range, but even smaller bucks would chase the does therefore, distracting the buck just rattled in....

It's only gonna get better. Now I just have to stop the neighbor from driving up and down my fence line trying to see these deer.

Glen Loppnow

Slow, slow, slow. I think things will explode by Thursday. Big bucks have gotten the older does pinned. Once their bred, I think were gonna see lots of big bucks. Still plenty of 2 year olds cruising but, try to hold out....

Lets hope tommorrow is the day. Very slow, almost dead in the woods this evening. Maybe tommorrow will be it. Lots of does but no shooter bucks.
    Time to sharpen the Swhacker's and hope for the best.

Glen

Saturday brought the bucks out. Saw deer all day. Sunday looks great as well. Soft grunting is hot.

Glen

Deer are still in the RUTT. Sunday will be a great day for hunters. Early fog made for a tranquill opening morning. Clear visibility will allow the shooting to begin.

Glen

Default Thanks Neighbors

Doe tarsals are dark and bucks are still grunting and following. In-laws shot two bucks today doing so. Thanks Brian and Norm