www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: October 23 Report

Default October 23 Report

Water temps are in the 42 to 47 degree range now and it has been raw out there. Tough to stay out all day without taking a break.

Some excellent fish are still moving, but feeding windows are somewhat small. There is a distinct bite starting around 11 am for an hour or so, and a briefer one around late afternoon close to 4 pm.

Had 4 fish in the last two trips. Jeff and Ryan popped their cherries and both got 38 inchers. Ken got a 42.5 and his buddy Ralph got a handsome 48 incher. Their friend Jim also got his first, a 37 incher with Mike kaminski in Mike's boat. All were on suckers.

Really crappy weather in the next 48 hours coming. Hopefully the fish will reward all of us.

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ryan 38.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	7531   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ralph 48.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	7532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ken 42-5.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	7533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeff 38.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	7534  
    Ken Jackson's Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.kenjacksonguide.com

Boy you guys put in some long days this weekend. Waited around at Fibbers til 7:30 to ask you a few questions but you still weren't back yet. Pretty crappy day to be out all day on Friday.

Ken,
    I used your techniques and my nephew got his first fish, a nice 37" on Saturday. Fish came back after I set the hook the 1st time and missed him. I dropped the sucker back and he hammered it. Smaller suckers had more action as we missed another one on small to medium and the mambo went untouched.

Rob,
    I have been using your hooking rig the last two weekends. Do you put a piece of plastic on the end of the hook to keep the hook in? My barbs aren't very pronounced and the hook slides out when I get a bit of weeds on it.

We'll be up again on Wed. night so hopefully talk to you then.