Hey guys, just thought I'd write up a quick fishing report from this past weekend. I hope you're all able to get out on the water or in the woods to enjoy the fall before it's gone...not much of a fall this year so far though.

We were up in Oneida and Vilas this past weekend for a little over 2 days of fishing with mixed results. We fished three different lakes - 2 of them produced, while one didn't. Fish definitely seemed to be in a chasing mood as we probably had 12-15 different fish chasing suckers around throughout the weekend, but not willing to eat them. We did have 3 fish grab suckers and hooked up with one of them. We let our good friend, who became a father recently, take it as he hasn't been out this year, and I was glad we did so. After a great hookset and a tough fight, we netted a 47" fatty - his first for the year and a personal best...congrats Seth!

Fish were found in several places, but the 15' break is where we had most of our action on one lake and deep weed edges (16-20ft) on the other lake. We also got 2 mid-30" fish on Shack Attack Curly Sues and had several more follows on the Sues and Suzy Suckers. Fish didn't really seem to be chasing crankbaits that much, with only one hit on a 10" Jake ripped hard that got off boatside and no other follows. As the water warmed up a bit over the weekend, mixed with the wind, we found fish to be a bit shallower just inside the deeper weed edges on Sunday.

I'll be back up there this weekend with my brother, fishing Saturday with Gary Myshak (Gare's Guide Service) as I won a free day from him a while back. I should be able to get a report up after this weekend as well.

Good luck to everyone hitting the woods/water this weekend. Be safe and have fun...won't be much longer and lakes will be starting to freeze over...and then it's major editing time!
(I'll get pics of this past weekend's fish on here after classes today)

-Jake Bucki