www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Barbie Chain Outing October 16-18

Thumbs up Barbie Chain Outing October 16-18

The outing at the Log Cabin Resort on Kuhn Lake of the Barbie Chain didn't produce the fish action we hoped for but we made the best of it and it produced enough fun. The bait shop owner said the action was on Webster--maybe so, we didn't try there because there was a lot of spots to cover here and too little time. The rain held off for the weekend so we only had to deal with some cooler temps and cold mornings. The water was clear with visibility to over 7' (measured by a rods length) with a water temp of 49 degrees. Rich Bohne popped the lone fish Saturday on Irish lake while we we're trolling in my Sylvan. That old 1997 Evinrude 115 Intruder 2 stroke outboard can idle troll for hours without a hick-up. The fish was a golden stocky 44 and a half. Congrats to Rich! Ed Morin ,Bill Ritter, and me we're fishless. Photos: Rich with the fish and then the musky swim off.

reported by Bill Tyrrell
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bohne43hold.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	7513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barbieswimbohne.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	7514  

Talking congrats

Nice fish thanks for the report! I love Evinrude motors too. If anyone has been out there reads this, which lakes looked turned over and didn't on the Barbee Chain?

Mike W

hey guys as of right now they are all turning over in spots. fast and furious. there are dying weeds everywhere. and the fish are really inactive right now. webby did give up a few . a couple of days ago but as i have said before. barbee is a dead body of water this year. dont get me wrong, there are fish in there but this year has not be a good year for them. tippy and webby and even upperlong has been spitting out some good fish and in numbers too. . but i am certain that in do time barbee will get better every year it seems like one of these body of water's seems to do this to us.. im sure after the lakes finally turn over they will turn on and look out they will be hungry and it will be sucker time. . as a note. all the past fish for atleast a week were on suckers. they just really are not in the mood to chase baits. if you try durring this time all i can say is slow it down and put the bait in their faces. that will be your best bet....Bill Bennett

Thumbs up Congrats

Nice fish, Rich.

Judy Q.