I have been getting allot of questions about time of day for Musky fishing. Here is what I have been seeing. Generally there have been fish showing up off and on all day. Which goes to my standard quote “the best time to fish is when you can." There have been windows of activity during the afternoon (the heat of the day) and also right before sunset. But I can say that this is never an always or rock solid there can be windows that open any time day or night due to weather or moon rise/set. Also wind direction and speed can affect the bite. But with years of guiding under my belt I can say there is always a fish out there feeding. How many times have you come in to the landing and another boat has got a fish and you got skunked or vise versa, especially when the more people you talk to had a tough day verse a good one. This means when you are on the water anytime of the year, but most importantly in the fall is a "PMA" Positive Musky Attitude. Its cold and you’re tired and your mental edge is a little dull. This is where your PMA comes in; if you mentally throw in the towel you might as well go home. When that fish you worked all day to catch shows up and you are off your game odds are not in your favor. This comes to a good point when it is cold or you get tired take a break, may days we will pull off the lake for an hour to get warm, a bite to eat or just walk around and stretch our legs. Guys often comment on how good they feel when we hit the water after a break, and normally with the mood in the boat rejuvenated, good things happen. Stay sharp; stay safe in this cold weather, and good luck.