Quote Originally Posted by danimalw View Post
I like pulling a sucker behind me because I've had fish that followed my casted bait in and wound up hitting the sucker. They do slow you down though.

Can you use your trolling motor to reposition your boat if you have a sucker out? I know motor trolling is illegal on the flowage, and I see guys row trolling every year. But if I am drifting along a shoreline with a sucker, can you use the trolling motor to keep your boat from spinning around in the wind? Just as you would do if you were lindy rigging for walleyes essentially. I guess I'm just nervous to even have my trolling motor in the water as this could be left to in interpretation to a warden. What do you guys do?

Dan
My interpretation of the trolling law is that if you are using your trolling motor in any manner while there is a bait in the water that your not actively retrieving, it would be considered trolling. For example while dragging a sucker and casting with another rod at the same time you would be considered trolling even if your just using the trolling motor to keep yourself from turning in the wind. But if you had a sucker out and had that rod in your hand you most likely would not be considered trolling. Obviously its at the discretion of the warden, they are usually watching your for quite awhile and if they see a baits in the water that are not being retrieved and your propelling yourself along. get your $$ out.

Steve