www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: kipling fish

Default kipling fish

Fished kipling tonight...marked alot deeper,caught 1 eye and 1 steelie.Water temp 49-52.
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC

Default When and how?

Were you fishing after dark?
    With cranks?
    How deep were the fish?
    Thanks,
    Lloyd

Default Kipling fall fatties

Hey jamie,

Fished Kipling on thursday from 10am till 5:30ish pm hooked a nice 26.5" walleye and a beautiful 21" smally. Walleye came on a crawler harness snap weight combo, and the bass was on a ripstick. marked lots of fish but they were grouped in a tight area probably chasing the bait ball i marked over and over in the vacinity. Fish were pretty tight lipped however tried just about every method I know of and only got the one walleye.

Water was cold 52 degrees wondering what speeds for cranks Ive been runnin em about 1.4 to 1.6 in the colder water is this right?

Fished from 530-8,pulled cranks till dark.Started slow and kep speeding up.caught bolth fish on an outside turn at 1.6 -1.8. I pulled 800ser RR,stickbaits at 40/40 50/50 1oz,and DDHJ#12's.Marked fish all over the column in 25-45fow.Targeted the higher fish,figured theyd be more active.After dark tried jiggin some struture.Plus i was cold.No real secret weapon,just looked for fish for a half hour then tried to catchem the rest of the time.

Red face Great info

Thanks for that very specific info. I'm trying to learn a little more about this game and that is tremendously helpful.
    I have plenty of warm clothes if you need to borrow some. I'm hoping when I can make time to get there that the fishing is so hot I don't need anything but a Hawaiian shirt maybe.
    Lloyd

so you'll be here july 2010!.....Dave...how's the the ''new'' motor treatin ya?

Default new motor

Jamie,

The motor is awesome only complaint I have is that she dosnt wanna idle down to 1.5mph... so ive been throwin a 5gal pail out and draggin it to get down to 1.7 - 1.8... I can say that its nice to be able to run 26-28 by myself and not much less with two guys... beats the 15hp by almost 10mph.

hopefully we will get a few more weeks in the boat before ice up huh...

Default big girls

I guess these two will do not a limit but a great picture and a fine dinner...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 029.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	7344   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 025.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	7345  

Default wardrobe

Judging by the snow on the ground here in Chatham this morning I may have to search my wardrobe for an insulated Hawaiian shirt. Probably have to pull out the fleece lined thong too.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jerkbait View Post
    I guess these two will do not a limit but a great picture and a fine dinner...
    nice smallie terrible hat !