www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: A Picture Never Ever Seen Before.....

Default A Picture Never Ever Seen Before.....

When my esteemed neighbor left the island on September 19th, this was the actual weather:

Flag Island, MN
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 — View Current Conditions

Daily Summary

Actual: Average : Record :
    Temperature:
    Mean Temperature 73 °F -
    Max Temperature 80 °F 58 °F 77 °F (2004)
    Min Temperature 66 °F 46 °F 39 °F (1999)
    Cooling Degree Days 8
    Growing Degree Days 23 (Base 50)
    Moisture:
    Dew Point 63 °F
    Average Humidity 71
    Maximum Humidity 94
    Minimum Humidity 45
    Precipitation:
    Precipitation 0.00 in - - ()
    Sea Level Pressure:
    Sea Level Pressure 30.08 in
    Wind:
    Wind Speed 18 mph (South)
    Max Wind Speed 21 mph
    Max Gust Speed 25 mph
    Visibility 10 miles

The photo below just taken. What a difference a few weeks make.

An Inconvenient Truth?????

Now Paging Al Gore..................

I used to wonder how that clown received a Nobel Peace Prize, but it all became apparent yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shit weather 001.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	7325   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shit weather 003.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	7326  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Hey, it's not "true" fall trolling without some snow and down right nasty weather. Darren better get up there pretty soon before its all over.

No kidding. I'm afraid to look at the water temperatures today. What is bothering me, is not much warming in sight.

Good thing the fish houses are ready to go. Just charged the batteries on the Bombers as well.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Now you can take out the rear casting platform and the butt seat. Trolling season is officially here. Shorts and tshirts will be left at home. Eat your heart out Dennis.

Nice looking boat.Wish it was here if thats the weather.Almost as much snow as in my duck boat this morning.17 degrees and windy-but ohhh what duck hunting.

Frank, don't start thinking you are too special, it's snowing here too. Had to go out and pick the tomatoes and peppers as I feel the growing season is over.

Mr. Smith: I do like the looks of that weather! You should be looking at a great trip. Hope you have a good one; well, they are all good with Frank!

Mr. Pearson: On the last two Superman Jakes, I'm surprized that Frank didn't say "they are the last two... out of your boat!". Slipping I guess.

Gotta go wash up the veggies and move em down stairs.

Name:	DSC04024-2.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	7329  

Frank, that pic reminds me of that brutal second week of October back in 2006 when we had 35 mph + winds all week and a bunch of snow. Downright Brutal!

Craig

That was a week from hell. Spent 2 or 3 days fishing the only spot that was sheltered from the wind. And got beat to death getting there. Remember that Mr. Smith???

Even had some customers here that did not go out for few days. Only went the days I guided them.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

I sure do remember that. Getting a Jake free from underwater tangles presents a problem with high wind. Right after that my flotation suit was purchased and never regretted spending the $$$. It is already in the truck along with insulated boots. NY Strips and twice baked potatoes with cheese/bacon on the way for Sunday.

New Yorks and the Bears Sunday night. Does it get any better than that?

Yes. A stringer full of 50 inchers.

Dick's boat is like Michael Jackson. Was thawed, but now white again.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Smile

We have no snow here.Rad Dog Jr and I and our respective buddies,Rascal and Chase,went diver hunting today.
    Be there tomorrow to see the snow and rescue my boat.

Name:	snow resize.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	7335  

Just returned from our annual fall trip to Sabaskong. Saturday was indeed a repeat of that Oct. 2006 storm except our cabin pipes didn't freeze this time.

My brother came in from Rochester, NY to join us for his first trip to LOTW. Got him his first muskie, trolling a 10" Jake, and while he was bringing it in and my wife was fast reeling her bait in to get it out of the way another a muskie slammed it. They were both fighting a muskie at the same time. Got my brother's 41" in the net and my wife's 47" followed a few minutes later. 88" of muskie in the net at the same time. Both fish caught on those Okumas you sold me a few years ago, Frank.

Trolling bite should be on for you guys from now until freeze up. Keep us updated with reports.

Doesn't seem like more than a couple of weeks ago we were predicting a day for ice out. Too sad. Hope you have a good end to the year. Has Brett come along to drown a few Harbourmasters with you yet Frank?

I look forward to that. 5-6 inches of snow on Saturday and Monday PM mowed the grass and cleaned up the flower pots for Cathy. Boy, do I need a vacation away from here.

Geez guys... It could be worse. You could be here in AZ. It's supposed to be 102 this weekend. That's why I'll be up on there Thursday. Cant wait.

Jimmy

Sounds like the whole crowd will be there. No doubt because the Bears will play the Falcons on Sunday night. I will make sure that Frank behaves himself.

Yeah......I'll be drinking up a storm.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

I'm guessing the Bears might make you cry, before they'd drive you to drink, but I don't see either happening anytime soon. Especially, when they’re playing against the Falcons. So do I need to bring an appetizer or a dessert?

Well the great one has been back for several hours, so how many 50’s has he caught today.

Ryan