www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Spillway

Default Spillway

Haven't had much time to fish lately and probably wont the rest of the Fall. The lake has come up with the rain, how much I can't tell you but its obvious up lake. Mounce and Trent hit the spillway Monday looking for smallies, I guess they started at the ramp and headed down river. I believe they ended up seeing 8 nice muskies shocking, all mid to upper forties fish. I myself decided to hit the dam on Wednesday after work, only had a few hours to mess around and lost a nice fish and caught a flathead.
    Not much else to report.
    Anyone been out?

Default Hit and Miss...

Been hitting the spillway every week day from the 22nd of Sept to present in the afternoons on the way home from work. Been very hit and miss, as the weather and fronts have played quite a roll I believe. I've hooked up 12 fish in that time frame, including 3 on the bumpstick at 40, 39, and 41, 6 shakers, and 3 that were in the net, but found their way out. (netting by yourself can be challenging sometimes LOL). One fish I caught 3 times within 20 minutes...once a shaker, and twice in and out of the net without success. He was a mid 40's fish. I KNOW it was the same fish because of an un-mistakeable scar he had. Kinda blows the hook-fright theory out of the water. They can, will, and do come back time and again. Total fishing time around 50 hours with various baits. Topwaters, crankbaits large and small, bucktails and safety pins. All produced, and with a multitude of colors. It appears that they aren't real picky as to style and color, but more about presentation and timing. One lure that stood out as a consistent producer, however, was the Magnum Musky Killer in yellow, orange and green. I added a black grub on the rear with a tandem. Everyday that I caught something, this lure caught one or more of the fish, and drew several follows as well. My advice to everyone is spend the time, and be consistent. Cast along the beach as well as across the middle in an arch. I caught fish from the concrete to the bridge, they seemed to be everywhere when the time was right. Good luck to everyone working the spillway.

Wish, I was there with Roadrunner when you were there the other day. Maybe another time we'll be on the same beach and can meet! Good luck.

Chris