www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Chautauqua turnover

Default Chautauqua turnover

any news on the Chautauqua turnover yet? I seem to recall it was around this time last year. I was thinking of treking down there this long weekend for a day or two but don't want to waste my time if the bites off.

I imagine that with the colder lake temps this year that it wouldn't occur at the same time as last (and hopefully not turn as hard either) but its a fickle thing.

NM

I was up last weekend and I think the lake was turning over on the north end. Very bright, almost flourescent auqua colored water at the launch at long pt and little perch everywhere shallow there. Those are signs I've noticed during turnover there before. Larry Jones said that somebody at the hatchery told him the lake was turning over also.

Fishing was tough last weekend. Several boats out and not many fish caught. We went 1 for 2 Sat and 1 for 2 Sun. Pretty slow for Chautauqua. The ones we got were about the only trolling fish I knew of.

Should be better post turnover fishing by the time I get back up in a couple weeks.

Adam A.

Thanks for the report Adam, RichW and I saw you guys on your way home Sunday night and wondered if that's where you were coming from.

Sounds like a good weekend to get caught up on things around the house and get things winterized!

Quote Originally Posted by toothyfishman View Post
    Sounds like a good weekend to get caught up on things around the house and get things winterized!
    Perish the thought! just a good weekend to pick a different lake

thanks for the info Adam