www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: fall pattern

Default fall pattern

I need some help I usually fish the chip in late June but work kept me away this year. Looks like I can get next week off so I will be headed that way. I know in June we always fish main lake weeds and in October I have no clue on where to go. Can someone please point me in the right direction such as river channels, mudflats, water dept ext... We will be staying on the northwest side of the lake. If I throw a sucker over board and also cast a swim bait can I use my trolling motor or is that considered trolling? I really enjoy your website, Ty. Not looking forward to the cold but need to get out fishing for the first time this year, musky anyway!

Thanks, By

Default sorry

Sorry should have read before I wrote, I see that some else asked pretty much the same questions I did. Got a little excited about fishing next week, but if someone can answer the trolling question, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

DFepends on what kind of mood the officer is in for the most part. The wording is so grey in how you can use suckers. For the most part just don't troll the suckers at high speeds and you are fine. It's kind of a rule of verticallity from what I know. The sucker should be directly below your boat for it to be legal from what I've been told by one DNR agent. Now another agent might ticket you for it so don't take my word as gospel. If you have a float(bobber) on and your trolling motor down you are pretty much trolling but if you let the wind drift you and use your trolling motor to position you are fine.

In other words the law is all screwed up.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Default trolling

Thanks for the info Ty!! Looks like some cold nights next week mid 20's do you think it will slow down the musky? does anyone know how the walleye bite is.

No, the cold will actually get the fish going a little more each day. We needed this cold weather.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com