Muskies have been tough the past week, not a lot of action but a few bigger fish have been caught in the area. Water temps on the ER Chain are running 53-48 depending on location. Glide and jerk baits are bringing fish up from shallower water than may be expected. Try the 3-5 foot depths as weeds thin out later in the season, moving to the 7-8 foot weed edges if you have no results shallow. Weeds are still nice and green and the water has begun to clear of lake bloom nicely, improving visibility. Chartruese still seems to be a bait color the fish will respond to followed by white. I brought up a nice 4 foot fish with a white glide bait this past week, she didnt hit but I'm going back after her today...

Using live suckers as bait while casting is also producing a few fish lately, not a hot n heavy sucker bite going on but it's worth dragging live bait now. A hot topic when using live bait is always... to use a bobber or not to use a bobber when fishing live bait. We reccomend no bobber and either hang the sucker directly off the back of the boat or my preferred method, hang the sucker between the guys casting over the SIDE of the boat, 3-4 feet down. Not only is the bait easier to control without a bobber but you may avoid that "grey area" of are you trolling when dragging a sucker on a bobber way behind the boat.

That's the ER report for now. I'll see what I can dig up with the bow hunters and deer by next week. Good luck and big, fat fish to everyone...