www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Walleye Fishing???

Default Walleye Fishing???

Heading up to Leech next week on our annual fishing trip with 4 friends (including my friend who likes to eat dogfish). Has the walleye bite turned on yet? Last year we came up a week later and the fishing was phenomenal!!! We are hoping to target walleyes but will really fish for whatever is biting.

Mainly fishing in Sucker Bay but might venture out some.

Would also like to catch my first musky...any action with them lately?

My dad is up there this week but he mainly fishes for bass. Catching quite a few though when the weather is cooperating. Also caught some real nice pike he said.

For those of you that like to bass fish on Leech throw a white plastic frog and watch them go crazy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug2009 003.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	7187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aug2009 008.JPG 
Views:	253 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	7188  

Default Bass and Walleye

Chris,
    Was up on Leech Sept 28- Oct 3. Hard times for us! WINDY more than a walleye chop. Caught a few big ones in side the slot limit 19,25,26 inch and they were caught inside our boat harbor with a #7 yellow and white shad rap shallow diver. Keepers were hard to come by, returning these guys was tough to do. I did, they are there for someone else to have some fun with.
    We troll #5 when up early in the year. Then go to #7 & #8 . Last year late Sept. we had our best luck with a #9 perch.
    I have caught bass before but in the narrows and up on the north side of sucker. Heard boy bay was real good. Never got to try it, yet. Is sucker where you do all your bass fishing ? Thanks for the frog tip, my son-in-law will like to hear this. He loves throwing frog baits in the ponds here.
    We'll be back a couple weeks earlier next year. Hope to find a Musky!
    Good luck
    Shilohphil

Thanks for the report! Yeah we catch all the bass in Sucker Bay in the weed beds off the shore and in the river.

Not having much luck yet this week. Hopefully it turns around.