www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing report for September 29

Default Fishing report for September 29

Yesterday, didn't fish, but the day before guided out on Lost land and teal. Had one on teal follow a Rabid squirrel Spinnerbait, an upper 30 inch fish on main lake weeds windswept. Then went to lost land, and had about a 45 incher follow a pile of weeds up, couldn't even see the bait in it. and I caught one about 38 inches or so on a Rabid Squirrel Spinnerbait, on windblown main lake weeds again. Water temp was 65 and I believe it is dropping constantly.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

sure looks like a quick turn around with the water temps.....one week they are the warmest of the year and the following week a freeze warning is in effect
    that is the kind of weather we expect in chi town......not for u guys up there
    i know you don't fish live bait but do you know if suckers will be hard to come by this fall? wondering if the legal problems the bait suppliers in the area have will effect the supply any?

I saw Musky suckers at both Gas stations this past weekend in Winter.
    Tanner, Good luck to you this weekend if you and Bill or Jess are fishing it. See you up there this weekend.

Good luck to anyone fishing this weekend for fun or the Hawyard Muskies Inc Tourney.

Tanner
    Good to see you again. I was on the Chip Sunday. The only action came during the hail storm - largemouth, pike and a low 30's ski on back-to-back-to back casts all on spinners. When the hail died down and the wind increased again things shut down. I bailed Sunday night and took a pass on Monday too. Im supposed to be back in October - I hope it rains A LOT between now and then - the lakes really need it -Tim

thanks for the sucker info twells
    i'll be dragging sausage in mid october when i am up
    hey tannner how are the pups doing?
    house broken yet?

I hope there won't be a shortage of suckers, so far looks ok. I will keep you posted if I see any problems

Tanner
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

Default Suckers

Was up 19th to the 26th. We dragged smallish 8-9" suckers behind the boat, just deep enough to cover the leader, all week on LLL. We couldn't keep the fish off them. Jakes were doing well with the casting rods, both 6 and 9" in perch color and firetiger. Boated a 34 and had a high 40-low 50 just about dive into the back of the boat with one of the suckers. 5-8' was the perfect depth for us. Good luck out there!