www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Three lures to throw in early October on Webster Lake

Default Three lures to throw in early October on Webster Lake

Mike,
    Comin up to webster lake in a few weeks and lookin for some suggestions on what lures I should be using. Can you offer any help? What is the boat traffic like on the lake this time of year?
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Dave,

Alot can happen in a few week...hell alot has happened the past two days!!! Water temp Tuesday were down 6-8 degrees from Sunday...and getting down into the upper 30's tonight will drop it some more.

The baits we were using Monday and Tuesday were way different than the baits we were using on Sunday. I would assume we will have a warm up from now till you get here. Last year we had alot of days in Oct. that were 75-80 degrees.

I suggest giving me a call or e-mailing me the day before you leave.

Thanks,
    MIKE HULBERT
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Default same advice

any colors that you can recommend at the same time? we have never been to webster lake and we have a pretty good arsenal of jerks, cranks, bucks in a million different colors. every website you go to tells a different story. any recommendations you can give are greatly appreciated.

Same advice as above, colors change week to week or even day to day at times.

Email or call me the day before you leave and I'll do my best to dial you guys in.

Thanks,
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Default Thanks!!

Thanks Mike!! I will definetely email you before we leave. We're really hoping to make this a productive trip. We've heard a lot of good things about this lake.

Thanks Again!!
    Don

dave S, the bite changes quite a bit,but it's been pretty consistent the past 8 years that you can throw a black bucktail with a silver blade during october on webster and catch fish.
    So..if you needed a starting point, black bucktail, silver blade. all of them work..mepps, vibrax, mayhem, bucher...all of them.

long rod throw them on do you? cast far?
    STEALTH TACKLE
    "Clearly the Leader"
    www.stealthtackle.net