www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Shore fishing?

Default Shore fishing?

Has anyone heard if the shore fishing has begun to take off yet in Chamberlain. I noticed the weather forecast is indicating cooler temperatures for the upcoming week so I may just venture up there on Saturday. I generally dont begin to start fall fishing from shore here until pheasant season, but I have the itch to go. Also, do you know what the current water temps is on lake francis case? THanks in advance

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by SDfisherman View Post
    Has anyone heard if the shore fishing has begun to take off yet in Chamberlain. I noticed the weather forecast is indicating cooler temperatures for the upcoming week so I may just venture up there on Saturday. I generally dont begin to start fall fishing from shore here until pheasant season, but I have the itch to go. Also, do you know what the current water temps is on lake francis case? THanks in advance

Shawn
    We have heard some reports of some fish being caught onshore. They should move in the area anytime. I do not know the water temp on Francis Case. The suface temp on Lake Sharpe was 63 degrees today. I would think Francis Case would be close to the same.

Mike Allen
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Allen View Post
    We have heard some reports of some fish being caught onshore. They should move in the area anytime. I do not know the water temp on Francis Case. The suface temp on Lake Sharpe was 63 degrees today. I would think Francis Case would be close to the same.

Mike Allen
    Thanks Mike for the report. Do you know if the fish have been caught in Chamberlain or are they fishing up by the dam?

Quote Originally Posted by SDfisherman View Post
    Thanks Mike for the report. Do you know if the fish have been caught in Chamberlain or are they fishing up by the dam?
    I have not gotten any good reports from the dam yet. They are catching some walleyes, but mostly white bass. The only suggestion I have is to experiment a little when you come out. There have been very few shore fishermen that have been fishing yet. I would think that the cold weather would help drive the walleyes in their prespawning areas.

Mike Allen
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com

Thanks again Mike. We are coming out on Saturday to give it a try....will report back.