www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 55" Muskie CPR'd!!

Exclamation 55" Muskie CPR'd!!

Nic Satre's 55" muskie caught and released on September 24, 2009.

Nic posts trip reports after all of his trips to Morson so I'll let him release whatever details he chooses when he has time.

For now, here are some pictures.

HOLY MOLY!!

Congrats on one helluva big fish, Nic!!!!

I told you this guy was a damn good fisherman!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nic55-01muskie24sept2009web.jpg 
Views:	655 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	7123   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nic55-02muskie24sept2009web.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	7124   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nic55-03muskie24sept2009web.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	7126   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nic55-04muskie24sept2009web.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	7127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nic55-05muskie24sept2009web.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	7128  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nic55-06muskie24sept2009web.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	7129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nic55-07muskie24sept2009web.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	7130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nic55-08muskie24sept2009.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	7131  
    Justin Gaudry
    Mylie's Place Resort

Lake of the Woods
    Morson, Ontario, Canada
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/myliesplace
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MyliesPlaceResort/feed
    Twitter: @MyliesPlaceJMan https://twitter.com/#!/MyliesPlaceJMan
    E-mail: jwgaudry@hotmail.com
    Toll Free Phone: 1-866-395-3449

Whoa!! Nic, post the story!

That's a special fish you caught there. I love the pics of the fish in the water. You don't see those very often. Congratulations on your nice catch!

Rich

Nic O Satre Guest

Thumbs up

Well where to start?
    I was having a horrible previous four days of muskie fishing. It seemed everything else was biting decent to excellent depending on the species, but in four late afternoons of muskie fishing I had yet to see a fish. On this day I actaully left the muskie gear (including the net) out of the boat except for my Compre,Calcutta, and a black and silver Muskie Stalker. The only reason I kept that in the boat was because I had been seening large fish blow up over the tops of schools of crappies we were fishing. My wife and I had an excellent morning crappie fishing so we decided to cast the shore for some hammer handles. We were about ten casts each into casting when I'm watching the Stalker come in. It was about three feet from the boat when I look down to see the lure coming in and all the sudden without warning this mouth comes from underneath it and GONE! I mean the lure just disappeared! This fish had come straight up! I set the hook and this stunned creature just emerged and a little confused. It just sat there for a second and my wife freaks. I was still taking in the moment when the fish goes nuts. I had about three feet of line out and it instantly took ten and went airborne three os so times.That made me a little nervous, but I knew that he had the whole lure in it's mouth so I figured I had a pretty good chance of getting the fish. He then cut from the left side of the boat to the right, dippipng the rod under the trolling motor and bringing it up agian he went airborne again and took a little more line. That made me real nervous since now I could see the front of the lure hanging out of his mouth. My wife was asking me what she could do and without the big net I told her to just start taking pictures. About then the fish was by the boat and I put on the Lindy glove and was thinking of how to grab the thing and it jumped again! By then I was a little unnerved. Luckly the fish was a little tired as well and came boatside. I grabbed the pliers dislodged the hooks.I hiosted the fish for a few pics and laid her back in the water. I was holding her by the tail and had my wife grab the tape. I had her grab the reel and told her to bring it to the tip of the head. I asked "what does it say?" She replied 55" I said "What?? Give me that. You hold the end at the tip of her nose and I'll pull it out." Sure as S#@t she wasn't messing with me. I just sat there looking at that fish as I was reviving it in awe. Never thought I would beat my 53"(It only took ten years), but the lake keeps getting better every year! We'll that's my fish of a lifetime story. Gotta thank my wife for being a great photographer.

Default Great Story

Thanks for sharing, Nic. Great story. Congrats again for a successful landing without a net and being able to share the experience with your wife. More memories to get you through the winter!!

Rich

Default nice fish

hey nic congrats on a nice lotw muskie. the boatside pics were great tell your wife nice job on the photos. I am sure you had your hands full hand landing a fish like that.I know from bitter experience how tough that can be. Congrats again on a lotw mid 50" class muskie.
    basil