www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sad Sight

Unhappy Sad Sight

Was out Fri., 9/18 musky fishing and managed a 29". The sad sight was when I returned to the boat ramp after fishing, I saw a guy with a 36-37" taking it home to eat. It was a fat fish too. What a sad sight to see.

Default This is sad!

That is bad news. Unfortunately I am certain this situation happens a lot more than we all care to think about. I have heard of a lot of muskies heading to local taxidermists as well, rather then doing graphite replicas like a lot of folks do in the north country. That type of "fill the freezer" activity will certainly have a long range impact on Caesar Creek, especially for trophies. It's all about education, people.
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com

Default Meat and tater boys

I too have seen this. Its a rather common practice at CC. It goes on all to often. Ive seen guys fill there little live wells and 5-gallon buckets with every thing they catch. I was stopped 4-times last year to show my fishing lic- and never once asked to open My live wells. I saw a guy catch a boarder line legal muskie on a night crawler on the bottom and keep it. I told him I would rather be safe then sorry and be sure it was of legal length. Then to score a fine from DNR. He had no reply. But what do You do. Like Tom says more education. Not fist shaking. I My self was raised that a hooked fish, is a ate fish. No matter what. On a more happy note between My son and Myself in the past 4-years have caught and released 97 Muskies at CC. And one was a 36# 48 inch monster My son got and a 23inch largemouth bass that was 6#, and we had Laxs done of both, and both fish are at CC as far as I know.

Default Big Musky

I believe the Musky caught by Geo.O.in 5-/07 was the nicest Musky I've seen caught at C.C.If it's still there, it would be a Monster by now .

Default Big Musky

Plot, Ya gotta a pic for that big fishy You are talking about. Love to see it.

No I don't have one but it was posted on here at the time if you can go back that far.

Plott

Default cool muskie pic

Still working on that. I,am not the best on a computer. We have a Guy in our club named Mark G that got a 40 something at CC about a month ago that was heavily marked. And I had one on a M+G spinner bait in the high 40"s that got off that was all marked up. Hooked and lost some big fishies this year. I had one on this year on a tube (red october) that I swear was a 50 inch class fish.3 to 4 huge head shakes and it was gone. Hooked that fish in the tip of the top lip. I could even see the hook tip' that fish slammed My tube while I was fig-8'n. And it was marked up pretty good.