www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Planer Boards not allowed?

Default Planer Boards not allowed?

I fished the LSMC tournament this past Saturday and read in the rules that you were not allowed planer boards.

Would we be allowed to use planer boards in the IMTT Fall Classic tournament if we were to troll?

I'm not much of a troller, but if someone who trolls wanted to use planer boards, how could you take that tactic out of it?

It give you an advantage of getting your lures out away from the boat, but it does not give you any leverage over a guy not using them.

Myself and partner were both shocked to see this...

Just wanted to throw that out there.

See you at the Fall classic (if I can get my motor fixed, which took a crap early morning of the tournament)

Angry Rules are Rules

When the IMTT was established, they made their own set of rules , in tying to make the tournaments fair. Trolling -2 lines out only v.s. Casting.
    But When the LSMC, made their rules, as Tournament director, I felt that the muskie hunters would have a better chance, with a third line, in the prop wash, instead of planner boards. Now, since no one trolled on Sunday, and all the muskie where caught by casting- NO BIG DEAL-
    iF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE RULES THAT THESE TOURNAMENTS HAVE SET OUT, THEN DO NOT FISH THEM

iF YOU WANT THEM TO CHANGE, START YOUR OWN TOURNAMENT, OR GET ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND TRY TO CHANGE THEM.

iF YOU WANT TO THROW THINGS OUT THERE- DO SO, BUT HAVE THE GUTS TO BACK IT UP!!!!

Excuse me?

All I wanted to know is if I would be allowed to use a planer board if I fished on sunday.

The rules are the rules and I follow them. Trust me, every problem I have ever had in a tournament I let someone know and will back it up with reasoning. I was not stating I have a problem with it, just want to know if it will be allowed in the Fall Classic. I had no problem with the way you ran your club tournament. I actually really liked the idea of the getting to your spot before 6:30 thing.

I'm sorry if I offended you Mr. Mcbluegill

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin McGill View Post
    When the IMTT was established, they made their own set of rules , in tying to make the tournaments fair. Trolling -2 lines out only v.s. Casting.
    But When the LSMC, made their rules, as Tournament director, I felt that the muskie hunters would have a better chance, with a third line, in the prop wash, instead of planner boards. Now, since no one trolled on Sunday, and all the muskie where caught by casting- NO BIG DEAL-
    iF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE RULES THAT THESE TOURNAMENTS HAVE SET OUT, THEN DO NOT FISH THEM

iF YOU WANT THEM TO CHANGE, START YOUR OWN TOURNAMENT, OR GET ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND TRY TO CHANGE THEM.

iF YOU WANT TO THROW THINGS OUT THERE- DO SO, BUT HAVE THE GUTS TO BACK IT UP!!!!
    Kevin,
    You're free to voice your opinions, however, in the future please try to avoid YELLING them. In case you did not realize, I will inform you now that typing in all capital letters is as rude as yelling and will not be tolerated here. We don't mind a civil debate as long as it remains cordial. You may have overreacted and you owe Brandyn an apology. I am leaving your post up because I care that everyone's opinions are heard- and to remind others to keep the conversations classy.

Nice to see you last weekend and thank you for a well run tournament. Good luck and maybe I'll see you this fall! And don't worry, we all get a case of the foot-in-the-mouth-i-tis every now and again. I really hope you'll release some of that anger on the muskies, not on the fisherman!! Try to be , not ! If you express a criticism or new proposal, please keep your emotions in check or else I'll be stuck and have to put the hammer down, something I'd rather avoid!

Mike, I'll be down Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night with 3 friends. Hitting the bars. You and Sutton better be down to celebrate... HAHA
    Last edited by muskellunged; 09-23-2009 at 03:30 AM.

Mike, stop editing my posts! Celebrate what?

I knew you wouldnt be down for chasing some Shelbyville women around! HAHA

Default Me and my big mouth

I am sorry for yelling, , I guess I read it the wrong way.

It was good to see everyone there for the LSMC tournament, on Sunday. I along with all the LSMC Members that worked to make this event happen, I want to thank them all for their hard work, and showing up early that morning.
    I hoped everyone enjoyed the jump start, for it allows less confusion at the ramp site. Maybe its just I have not caught a muskie in two years, that I tend to get mad, and blow up- Again, I am Sorry----------

Good luck to all of you at The Classic kev

Default Rule Change?

I was unable to find the rules on the website, is this rule of "No Planer Boards" still in effect?

Illinois Muskie Tournament Trail 2011 General Rules

1. A complete liability release form must be completed prior to participating in any events.
    2. No more than two people may be in a boat during an IMTT tournament.
    3. Fishing for Muskie only and only from a boat.
    4. Courtesy, conservation, sportsmanship, and safety are basic principles of fishing. Poor sportsmanship, drunkenness,
    excessive speed, or fishing in a no fishing or boating area will be grounds for disqualification for the tournament.
    5. All fish must be caught with pole and line fishing only using artificial baits. (No live bait may be used).

6. Minimum measuring length is 30 inches. Fish must be measured on a flat surface with a bump board and the tail
    squeezed. Bump boards will be available for check out before the tournament. The actual length is to be recorded on the
    release form. Muskies will be scored by 30 points for each 30” Muskie and 1 point (or fraction of) for each additional
    inch over 30”. Boat may not be moved for measuring purposes and witness must come to your boat. One witness may
    come from your boat. Per-son catching fish cannot be a witness for that fish. Two witnesses are required. Refusing to
    witness another contestant’s fish will result in disqualification.
    7. All participants must conform to the daily starting and stopping times. Release forms will not be accepted after the
    announced ending time of the tournament. Checked out IMTT equipment must be returned to the check in point at
    the end of the tournament no later than ½ hour after tournament ending time. A participant may not start fishing until
    being released by the official starter to start. All starts must be from designated area and must be under the directives of
    the official starter. Boats not in proper place during starting time will be moved to the end of the starters’ line. Boats
    wanting to start 15 min-utes or later after all other boats have started will be disqualified.
    8. IMTT equipment lost, stolen, or damaged are the responsibility of the participant and must be replaced.
    9. If weather or safety prohibits the completion of the scheduled tournament, the tournament can be cancelled or
    postponed at the discretion of tournament officials. Participants are urged to make good safety decisions in regards to
    weather and fishing in the tournament.
    10. Anglers fishing on Lake Shelbyville must respect the “No Fishing” area surrounding the Lithia Springs Marina.
    Other areas of the lake may be out of bounds, if so they will be announced at the tournament.

11. With the exception of the Spring Lake Tournament (25 boat limit) and Exploratory Flight Tournaments (to be
    announced separately) all IMTT sponsored tournaments are limited to 100 boats.
    12. Trolling is permitted in IMTT tournaments. Two rods may be used for trolling purposes per team (one per entrant).
    If fishing alone (one person team) one rod may be used.
    13. Tournament entrants are expected to respect the fishing area of other contestants. The “fishing area” is considered to
    be 100’ from their boat. Please use good judgment and good sportsmanship in participating.
    14. A $25 Annual IMTT Membership fee is due before fishing an IMTT Tournament
    15. Starting positions will be determined by order of completed entries received.
    16. No entries accepted after registration closes on Friday evenings! No Saturday morning entries accepted.

17. Ties will be broken by time of earliest release of teams’ first fish. If still tied, then by a flip of the coin.
    18. In the event a contestants’ position is challenged, a written protest must be presented to the tournament committee
    immedi-ately.
    19. Anglers may be asked to take a polygraph test before cash payments are made.
    20. All IDNR and site specific rules and regulations will be enforced.
    21. The tournament committee is the final judge of all tournament rules and the conducting of all tournaments.
    *Note: These rules specifically apply to Tournaments directly sponsored by the IMTT.
    Rules for Club Tournaments will be made available by the sponsor of that Tournament.
    Last edited by muskellunged; 02-19-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Hey Mike,
    Shouldn't these rule be posted somewhere on the IMTT web page themselves? Or a link? And also qualifying requirements? Just to save any misunderstandings up front.

Default Planer Boards not allowed

I bought four Offshore planer boards and now looking to get a set of 4 rods to use with them for walleye. I am trying not to spend a fortune but still get a decent combo. I am looking at the Daiwa Accudepth 76" med. light trolling rods ADDR762ML and the Okuma Magda Pro 20DX or 15DX line counter reels. Anyone have any comments on this setup? Which size reel would you recommend? I was first leaning towards the 20DX but now I am liking the smaller 15DX more. Thanks in advance for your help.