My dad and I just returned from another great annual fishing trip. We fished hard during this time, and managed to put some nice sized walleyes in the boat. Of course, we also got a nice sun-tan after 3 brilliantly sunny, warm days that is everything that walleyes don't like!

Biggest fish of the week was 26 inches. Nice fight on a jig and minnow on the east side of the Narrows. Lots of perch in this area too, but keep moving around as they are scattered throughout. No concentration of big perch yet there.

Fishing the west side of Goose Island and Little Hardwood was crowded. Never been up there for an opener, but that's the scene that I imagined. Counted about 45 boats there in a small area. Fish were being caught, but not plentiful by any means.

With the warm sunny days, we fished a lot at night trolling small crankbaits. It made for a lot of fun, and was the way to go for bigger fish. Finding satellites as they moved across the sky, shooting stars, and seeing the "clouds" of the Milky Way was very cool when not catching fish.

Good luck the rest of the season.