www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fall Outing....

Default Fall Outing....

Are we having a fall fun outing or what?????
    John

What. Oh wait....sure we are. We just need to pick a date and buy a blow up doll.

I'm in, let's have one. I'm going to be fishing out of Halfpints boat though, cause mine is jinxed. I can't catch anything in it, and now it finally decided to throw me into lake webster on Saturday evening. Good thing the lake was warm.

We weren't doing any good anyway, in fact, we were doing so poorly that I trolled around behind the dixie paddle boat so that I could listen to the history of lake webster and all the places that used to be there but aren't any more. It was educational to say the least.

Anyway, I've got my blow up doll all ready, so I'm in wherever we go. Maybe I can win another lure this time....right John? ;-)

I'm always interested in the outings. However, now with two kids in our lives, my schedule it tight. I already know that my weekends between now and literally the end of Oct are booked solid. I won't be fishing any weekends in Oct. So...if you're to plan a Fall outing and have it Oct, I won't be able to attend. Don't plan around me though. Do what's best for the group. If it's to be in November, I'd have a better chance.

I think between now and the end of the year, I'll be using up some vacation time from work to get out fishing during the week since our weekends are always so booked up with stuff going on. Going to be that way for the next 15-16 years.

'Tis what it 'tis....it's all good.

Would love to get in on the outing...just plan it, throw a date out and I'll see what I can do from there.

As for where to have it....that doesn't matter....I'd go wherever for it if I can make it.

I do miss the fun outings...both Fall and Spring outings...

Toad. Thrown out of your boat? Oh....do tell. This sounds too good not to have you elaborate a bit more for us all to enjoy! Hahahhhaa!

His boat told me that he smelled and he needed a shower. I agreed.

It had to be an excuse to not stay out all night. Either that or the amphibian in him took over.

Okay, so what's the date? Late in the season might be good to avoid the October sucker fishing crowd! Maybe November sometime?? Just a thought.

-DAG

Holy blast from the past!!!!!

DAG's still around?!

Dang man! How you been?!

Good to see you're still around....

Yep, still around. I've just been doing more bass fishing than musky fishing the last few years. My twins are about to turn 11 so I feel like I'm finally coming out of hibernation to get out a bit more!

It would be good to have an outing and get out with the Ice crew!

Well, late October, early November works for me, I make sure I'm open this time of year regardless. Would be good to get together again. The spring outing was fun, 'cept for the inaugural launching of my boat and the almost inaugural sinking of my boat due to a chronic case of lack-of-drain-plug-itis. But it was all good, and I caught a....bass. Not the best. But wow, nowadays I would like to catch a freaking bass for a change, or even a bluegill. Times sure are hard to have come to this, with me wishing I could catch a friggin bass again.

While I'm on the subject of stupid blunders, I guess I can tell you why I parted ways with my boat on Webster for those that are interested. The reason I decided to get familiar with Webster was because I accidentally dropped something in the lake. It was getting dark and I had my sunglasses on my hat and I forgot that I had misplaced my floaties for them. So I was bending over figure eighting and.......

I guess I should backtrack a bit first, and say that the sunglasses that I had with me were the sunglasses that I convinced my wife to let me buy over a year ago, in spite of her misgivings. She said that I would lose them or break them like all the cheap sunglasses that I had bought in the past. I somehow convinced her that I would be more likely to take care of them, knowing that they were expensive and knowing I would be in trouble if I did lose them and that they were an essential piece of equipment for fishing. So after a lot of convincing I finally got the $350 costa del mars that I wanted, and so far, I hadn't had anything untoward happen to them. Until Saturday.

I remember when they fell off, I immediately thought, "I wonder if they will float". I don't know why I thought that plastic would float, but I did, and this is why I didn't immediately reach up and try to catch them on their way down to the water. They didn't float. Then I thought, "I'm in trouble, maybe I should grab them before they sink to far". Then I thought, "On no, I lost sight of them, my wife is going to kill me, and worse, will be proven right once again". Then I saw one last glimpse of them, and I knew I had to act and I finally committed. The next thing I knew I was holding on to the side of the boat and holding my glasses up in the air while yelling for Halfpint to help me get back in the boat. I'm not the most athletic person in the world, but I was pretty proud of myself and relieved that I had managed to snag them three feet down in the water. I somehow grabbed them at dusk with barely any light out and without taking my rod and reel that were in my right hand into the drink with me or without somehow accidentally having my wallet or cell phone in my pocket. Gary helped me in and I got out of my clothes and into my rain suit and it was over. A bit cold, but far better than the alternative. So I guess I didn't catch any muskies this weekend, but I did a fair bit better I think seeing as how I had saved myself from certain death. Delayed morality maybe, but death just the same.

I also got a 9.5 from the judges for my reverse triple sowcow half gainer into Lake Webster too. I would have gotten a perfect 10 but the Russian judge screwed me. There is just no way I had that much splash.

Yet....another classic story from Toad.

Glad you were able to save the glasses though.

Hey...when you get that new trolling motor head....let me know....I'll borrow Ronski's AquaView and we'll go test out that new t.motor head as to how well it holds it's position on a waypoint to search for something very important to me that's snagged on something on the bottom of Webster....

Toad, that's not falling in, that's called saving your butt and I would have done it too! Can't let the woman be right ALL the time. And of course I have to mention that the fish started biting AS SOON AS you left. Shawn caught a 41 in the first 10 minutes we were there & we saw 20 some fish. How can you leave with a front coming in???

Of course I'm always up for an outing. Might be kinda crazy in early November for me with deer season & all but pick a date, I should be able to make time.

Mack, it's gone. You'll never get it back, let it go I spent over 12 hours on multiple trips trying to get a bait Shawn lost in 12 feet of water. I could find it easily, just couldn't GET it. You'll need scuba gear Sorry!!!

I'm not givin' up damnit!

Not until I give it at least one good honest try to find it/get it back!!!

Where this will...there's a way...

Fall outing:

- Next Friday, Oct 9th?

or

- Monday, Oct 19th?

I know ...I know...those are weekdays and most likely won't work for a lot of people....just throwin' some ideas out there... :shrug: