www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lost land and teal

Default Lost land and teal

Will be up this week, any certain patterns going on these two lakes right now.

Default Up there earlier

not a guide but fish up there for about 20 yrs. Fish the bars in the middle of teal quickly, if nothing, move on. There is a cabin about 10 casts from the teal river with beautiful tree engravings raise a ton of fish of all sizes there. Lynch bay 46, 38, 36, not bad for a few days. Run those bars and curl around the island weeds and work your way to lynch bay. Good luck! I had the same replies last time i ask the same ?

Moved 25 fish in 5 days, most in teal, location and time of day was irrelavent. 17 fish were 36-42, and 3 fish were bigger than that. Not a great percentage of fish in the boat but managed to get several. Here is the biggest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fdt0zm.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	7135  

Will be up there this weekend. What seemed to be your pattern that worked for you if you don't mind sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by twells View Post
    Will be up there this weekend. What seemed to be your pattern that worked for you if you don't mind sharing?
    on behalf of josiah... we had most our action with the boat in 7-
    10 fow , casting boring single bladed bland colored bucktails into the thickest weeds we could find, although with the new weather, it could be alot different , gl and let us know how you do

I have to give credit to noursnagged for putting us on big fish consistantly for five days, at one point we worked teal for 16.5 hrs and moved 17 fish. Maybe he should guide out there!!

I will report after this weekend and let you know how we do.

Thanks for the info from people. Out of 4 of us we put 4 fish in the boat and saw another 4 fish. Our pattern was fishing 7-10fw with Dbl Cowgirls. We were reeling them pretty fast and the fish that ate just drilled the baits with 3 of the fish hitting 10 feet or less from the boat. They measured 42, 41 1/2, 37 1/2, and 44 1/2. It was good enough for my brother in-law to take 3rd place this past weekend with the 2 larger fish and plaques for myself and other buddy. Talking with people out on the water we heard of a lot of good fish caught out there over the weekend. Thanks again for the info and good luck fishing the rest of the season.
    Tanner nice seeing you and Jes yesterday afternoon. Hopefully you got some fish and good luck with the rest of the filming for the DVD.

Trever

hey trevor good to hear you did well congrats on the nice fish,, so did you catch them all on teal ? it seemed to me that lost lands weeds werent up to well this year.. so teal is where we spent most of our time,, congrats again and gl fishin

noURsnagged, we got all of ours on LLL. We didn't even head over to Teal. The weeds on LLL were definatly down from years past but we able to find good green weeds on LLL. We had to do some looking and found enough dead weeds and worked areas around them hoping for good weeds yet and it paid off. I did find some great looking cabbage up on the north end of the lake. However we only moved 1 short fish from it. I thought it looked great and would have produced but not this time. Good luck fishing the rest of the season.