www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 12th to 19th report

Default 12th to 19th report

was up from the 12th to 19th, as stated earlier, the weather was calm and HOT. Water temps were running about 79 till thurs.
    Had some follows, blew two hits including one that was an incredible experience. Wens nite at about 9 pm was working a bar, had come down with a bucktail and began going up with a large pace maker. The pacemaker was working great, nice pop pop, almost like a creeper. After about the 8th cast, someone catapulped a refrigerator where I was retrieving. Felt a slight pull but reacted too late. I have never experienced such a violent loud splash with such a duration. Was in about 3 foot of water, I was casting from 9 foot. Threw back again but would have to confess I was almost apprehensive. Was a totally dark night and I was in an area all to myself. Came back across it with a creeper, no luck. The next night it splashed at my pacemaker. The next day I worked it again early in the morning, no luck with the pacemaker or bucktail. As I was getting ready to move on, looked over my shoulder just in time to see it porpoise, saw 4 inches of back twenty feet away in 12 foot of water, almost as if it wanted me to know it was still there and was not going to be fooled again, really made the week even if I was skunked. Dean

It's kind of crazy how the ones you miss leave more of an impression than the ones you catch. Maybe next time. Thanks for the story.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com