www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Papoose Lake Vilas co

Default Papoose Lake Vilas co

Going to be fishing Papoose Lake Vilas co WI this fall with some buddies we have never been on the lake and I was hoping to get some pointers from some of my more experienced fellow hunters. Wanting to find out methods colors etc wont ask for spots unless you want to share them but any info on this lake would be really helpful. Might also fish it again next summer too so summer tips accepted also TYVM in advance.

Default Papoose Lake

I spent many years of my youth fishing the Boulder Junction/Manitowish Waters area. I have fished Papoose in the past. I is a clear water lake with some large and heavy muskie. As I remember, there are not many weeds so keeping your boat in 12 to 20 feet while fishing is in order. Also don't over look the main basin for suspended fish, this is known as a good row trolling lake in fall.

Natural colors are definitely the tools of preference, I believe there is a population of cisco present. As the water cools I would use Bulldawgs, Depthraiders, 9 inch Grandmas, 10 inch Jakes, Big Joes, 9 inch Ernies 9 to 11 inch Suzy Suckers over deep water. Throw long casts and get them down to 8 to 12 feet and stay out over 30+ feet of water and have faith. Eventually one of them with stop!

Good luck,

"Ranger" Rick Krueger
    "Ranger" Rick Krueger
    Guide's Choice Pro Shop
    Web Site: http://www.guideschoiceproshop.com

Thanx alot for the info Rick. I will actually be moving into a house on papoose in october.Didn't waant to post that before i got it but the info will be very helpful