www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Papoose Lake Vilas co

Question Papoose Lake Vilas co

Going to be fishing Papoose Lake Vilas co WI this fall with some buddies we have never been on the lake and I was hoping to get some pointers from some of my more experienced fellow hunters. Wanting to find out methods colors etc wont ask for spots unless you want to share them but any info on this lake would be really helpful. Might also fish it again next summer too so summer tips accepted also TYVM in advance.

Musky:

Glad to see you again in the Northwoods!!! You think Dan would send me another lifelike curly tail that went sailing after a weak link was found in my line via a professional overrun!!! Very clear lake, but there are fish in it. I get you some more later as I have to hit the road.

Mark

Default Lol

I dont know about that however at least you didnt run it over with your truck. I thought I lost a 7'St Croix and the 12" pike and 6500c reel casted the pike which is really heavy and got a rare backlash as i was switching hands the pole went in the lake but thank god St Croix float it was freakin hilarious. He really did me well though i offered to try to fix one of them if he would tell me how (i thought I could prob fix it) and he replaced the bad ones ,THey looked 100x better than the ones I got @ rollie and helens way brighter colors looked new . Anyway thanx again I appreciate the help . By the way the replacements lasted all summer.

Default Papoose

I'm sure this is too late for you, but Papoose is very clear with limited structure. However, there are some monsters out there!
    White Bucktails around the shoreline/islands work, as well as surface and jerk baits inside and around the "Ink Pot" area. Don't forget to work the bay to the left of the boat landing (former saw mill) and watch out for hidden logs sticking up!

Any luck???