Fishing has still been good to excellent for the guides. We are having a few days that it takes a little longer to get our fish, but we a still limitting every day. We are catching 40 - 70 fish per day. We have had an outstanding season that has even spoiled us. When it takes us until afternoon to get our fish it seems like it is tough. This is by far one of our best fishing seasons. Do not be afraid come out fishing this fall. We are not catching 100 plus fish like we were in July and August, but the fishing is still excellent.

We are still catching fish in all of our favorite spots. Technique and boat position are very important. The walleyes are not as aggressive as they were earlier in the year.

Here is my weekend fishing report. On Friday we had a company group with 7 boats. We all did well with our limits by 1:00 p.m. On Saturday I fished with a family from Pocahantis, IA. We caught 40 - 50 fish with 22 fish over 15 inches. Outstanding weather with excellent fishing. On Sunday I fished with a group from Blue Earth, MN. We caught 50 - 60 walleyes, with 27 fish over 15 inches. On Monday (same group), did not catch as many walleyes (15), but a massive school of 16 - 18 inch smallies moved into my walleye hole. We decide to catch them as long as we could get our walleyes. We caught 50 - 60 smallies on this day.

Our fishing reports will start to spread out. I (Mike) also run a bowling center, and dad(Garry) is getting geared up for pheasant season. We are still busy with boats out almost everyday from now until mid Oct. We will guide for walleyes until mid Nov., weather permitting.

Look forward to seeing you
Mike Allen