Hi, im new to this forum but have been fishing leech the past 15 years. im always up there for opener and usually a couple times during the summer but in 15 yrs I have never fished late september. Ill be up the 24th through the 30 and was wondering what to expect. the lasst couple years during opener have been the best walley fishing I can remember. Do the eyes have a strong bite this late in the year? Im also curious to using crank baits as I havent done much of that on leech but would like to try. any color recomendations? I would assume firetiger, blue and silver as well as perch colors would be my first choice. is it fair to say the best cranking accures after dark? any advise for this time of year would be great, im also going to attempt some ski fishing while there though mainly during afternoon hrs while Ill be after the eyes most of the time. Ive pulled a half dozen or so out of the water over the years but am in know way an educated ski fisherman, any pointers on afternoon locations would also be great.

Thanks in advance
happy fishing