www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Need Opinions Plz

Default Need Opinions Plz

I will be up Saturday night and stay through Thursday. I would really like to get my Wife a Musky while we are there shes about on her 10,000th cast. We are staying at a smaller lake off of G, I would like to take her in the morning to a lake close by and give it one more shot this year. My uncle is pretty high North Bass Lake, but what about Fisher, Long or Spider, I heard spider has a rough boat launch though.

I would really apprecaite any opinions and thoughts the weather forcast for now doesnt look amazing mid 50's chance of rain but that could change.

Looking for a quick Musky-- and hopefully easy 1---I would try Moose and Echo--Been taking my kids to these 2 lakes for years and they have boated many up to 40 inches---easy to fish and lots of smaller fish. Good Luck

thank you! I have been to moose many times and have seen many large musky never ever caught one though, luck of the draw musky fishing I guess. Echo though I didnt think of that one, hows the boat launch? Probably similiar type fishing to Oxbow or SPider, anyone fish long lake?

echo has a nice paved landing--will be no trouble at all---Long also has a decent population of fish--Heck any of the lakes around mercer would be a good choice except for the Flowage--Not a great place to try and catch a first fish. I fish them all--I do have a few favorite though, but I will keep them to myself -- spent lots of hours on most of the lakes around the area--- It is 1 of my favorite places to visit.

Thank you for the heads up. Yeah i have been comming up to Mercer for 25 years, i am 27 years old couldnt think of a more amazing place. Thank you for the tips, like you i'm sure, I prefer to stay on the smaller lakes fished many of them including the harder to reach lakes, like Twin and Sherman before there was a boat Launch. My goto lake, becasue its close to ours, used to be Owl but I think that lake is on the down turn. I will either go to Echo or North Bass Lake my uncle boated a few 40+ last year and a few in the 30's not bad for a lake thats suppose to have winter kill huh, any other tips would be great, thank you

been to north bass earlier in the year did not see a single fish we had a real bad winter i think it took a toll just my opinion give it a try if you want but i think you would be waisting your time

I talked to 1 of the locals who fishes there and he said he also had seen nothing out there this season--I'm sure there are still a few but there are other smaller lakes with good populations of musky--Mercer and Grand Portage also have quite a few fish in them and both have good boat landings. Mercer is easier to fish than Grand Portage.

Well thank you from stearing me clear from North Bass, I am now thinking Echo I have never fished mercer lake, maybe I will give that one a try as well it will be early morning, that usually the best? Countdown is on Tminus 6 hours till I hit the road can't wait any other tips? Looks like the weather forcast is going to be amazing for this time of year, much better then they had predicted earlier in the week.