www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Butternut/Park Falls Flowage ?

Default Butternut/Park Falls Flowage ?

Hi Guys

I am looking for any reports over the next couple weeks as my dad and I will be coming back up to the Great Northwoods for some fall fishing. We will be staying on Butternut lake and we will be arriving Monday the 28th and fishing through Friday the 2nd. He and I will be targeting Pike and we love to cast spinnerbaits for them , we also have a couple other guys coming up the 29th that will be targeting walleyes for the week . We have fished mostly the Flowage in and around Park falls and FiField and have also tried Blockhouse for Pike over the last 4-5 years. We have fished the TTF once with limited luck and plan to stay on the smaller bodies of water for this trip.Hoping for some great action , would love to run into some of those Tank Smallies up there for some catch and release too ! We always hit Annie's in Park Falls for the homemade pizza and cold beers - anyone have any other eating "Hot Spots" we should try please feel free to add that too !

Any help would be great !

Thanks in Advance !

Chad

hey Chad,
    First post didn't go through.
    we have a place on blockhouse the kids took the row boat fought through the weeds to the middle. Sat. useing peices of crawler with a bobber boated lots of panfish and some nice largemouth noticed lots of northern coming after the fish they were reeling in. Sun. gave them some spinner baits boated a bunch of them with 4 nice ones that we cleaned and will be haveing for fish fry.
    butternut only fished sat and sun did not see a musky the people we saw fishing for eye's said it was a tough bite water temp 76 deg.
    Upper Park Falls Flowage only fished 5 til dark mon thru friday. no muskys.
    caught some nothern a couple of nice one's the rest hammerheads and three
    slab smallies on bucktails. water temp. 78 to74 deg.
    the big stumpfield i mentioned earlier is on the west side of the airport and runs it's entire length from the shallows to the river channel.
    the big slews/bays one is on the east side of the airport the other is farther north up the river you can clearly see both from google earth the both have stumps and alot of weeds.
    while the weather was good for a tan wasn't so good for muskys
    it was 80,81 everyday cept for the last two 78,75 and the most brutal wind we had was a 7mph out of the south one day and the kicker not one storm rolled thru. when i left sat they hadn't had rain in 19 days so flat calm and not the best fishing weather. we spent mon thru friday during the day in vilas and oneida hitting the deeper lakes we rasied a few muskys but boated none.
    hope you and your dad have better luck let us know how it goes.
    Flambeau Riverman

Quote Originally Posted by Spinrb81 View Post
    Hi Guys

I am looking for any reports over the next couple weeks as my dad and I will be coming back up to the Great Northwoods for some fall fishing. We will be staying on Butternut lake and we will be arriving Monday the 28th and fishing through Friday the 2nd. He and I will be targeting Pike and we love to cast spinnerbaits for them , we also have a couple other guys coming up the 29th that will be targeting walleyes for the week . We have fished mostly the Flowage in and around Park falls and FiField and have also tried Blockhouse for Pike over the last 4-5 years. We have fished the TTF once with limited luck and plan to stay on the smaller bodies of water for this trip.Hoping for some great action , would love to run into some of those Tank Smallies up there for some catch and release too ! We always hit Annie's in Park Falls for the homemade pizza and cold beers - anyone have any other eating "Hot Spots" we should try please feel free to add that too !

Any help would be great !

Thanks in Advance !

Chad
    Keep going to Annie's! My mom's pizza is the best!

Thumbs up

Your right your Mom's Pizza is the best !! We will be back in June for Pizza and a few buckets of the little slider bottles of beer !!!!! Hoping to get into some good Pike action around there !!!

Tell your mom to keep up the good work !

Good luck fishing !