www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: General fall fishing info

Question General fall fishing info

I only come north every few years and it always like starting over. Could someone give out a general time table of sorts as to when topwater slows down or when it's time to start dragging live bait and put down everything else. i'm just looking for some general water temps that make everything in the floage change. When does throwing bulldawgs end or large glide slugos. Just want a little general info to help get started on the right stuff to bring. Might come up to the chip sept. 21 thru 28 or 2nd week of oct. thanks for any info Norm

I tell you what!, it's been SO ridiculously hot up there lately that I am sure the thermocline will set up later than normal...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermocline

for those who are interested...

last week, the water was like bath water so I wouldn't start dragging suckers yet...find out the temp a little closer to the time you are going up and decide then whether or not you will drag'm...

love fall bullbawgs cuz you can really work'm nice and slow but with the warmer temps you still might get a suicidal muskie to hit a bucktail...

Big game is a nice bait to throw too!

This year, I wouldn't waste your trip til Oct. Big Suicks and Slow Tease.

I could wait till oct. but the chip may be dry by then.

Totally different fishing patterns from September to mid October. The topwater will be mostly done by the Second week of October. It will be a different location and tactic from September. Mostly slower moving baits in October.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com