www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: musky report

Default musky report

I am heading up to Minocqua Monday 9-14. I am looking for information on the recent musky bite. Location, presentation etc. Thanks.

Paul

Hey Paul,

I haven't been out personally in a few weeks, been on the road, but have talked to people back home doing well fishing real shallow. Cowgirls, Rabid Squirrels working. I get home today so I'll get you an update on here soon, Mark fished all weekend so he should have something to say.

JS
    J.Sloan
    Badfish Outdoors
    Producer/Cameras/Editor
    Web Site: http://www.badfishoutdoors.net

Thanks, I am in town now and will hit it tomorrow and Wed. Please let me know what you find out, and I will post any sucess I have on my own.

Paul:

I have been moving fish on the north sides of lakes on the Chain on the deeper edges. Just can't get anyone to eat. New moon coming hopefully helps in this weather pattern which doesn't look like its going to end til next week now. Hopefully you will get her done in tough conditions. We need some WIND!!!

Mark

Thanks Mark.

Talked to some guys who fished all weekend and told me the fish are everywhere, shallow/deep and inbetween. Inside weed edges, in the slop, deep edges, and suspended. Very odd for mid-September as we usually see a real strong movement to shallow water. Water temps the highest of the year. Best of luck and let us know how you do!

JS
    J.Sloan
    Badfish Outdoors
    Producer/Cameras/Editor
    Web Site: http://www.badfishoutdoors.net

Nothing really to report. We had one small follow, but could not get it to eat. It was off a shallow rock/sand bar. The blue bird days and clear water made it tough even at night. Maybe some one else had better luck. Did not try deep, maybe we should have.

PB1, thanks for the report. What did you have for water temps? I take it you spent most of your time shallow. I'll be up in Vilas sat. Thinking about starting off shallow and progressing out from there. Im hoping the bite picks up!

Craig

There are guys catching fish, not lots of them, problem is they are getting them from all the locations. Water temps last time out were in the low 70's and that was last Friday. I will hopefully get out tonight and update that. It seems like I have been hearing the bucktails & topwaters are the best baits so far, but others are getting them in other areas and with other baits. Going to get a shot at it tonight, how long depends on Big Bear Down!!!

Mark

We stayed shallow most of the time. I guess we should have moved deeper more, but the fish we saw were shallow. Did not see anything when we cranked in deeper water, did try a Dog too.