www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sept 13th Report

Default Sept 13th Report

When will there be some wind....?? 2 weeks of flat, sunny, high pressure days with excessive warm temps is making fishing a little difficult. Water temps have jumped 6 to 9 degrees on most lakes. Heavy algae blooms are occurring....This weather isn't the norm for this time of year. There are things to do that will make a difference.

Walleyes are still biting very good for me deep. Nightcrawlers and leeches are the best thing going. I am getting fish as deep as 41' right now. Go with the simplest of rigs....1/16 oz jigs, split shot and a hook, and/or slip bobbers with 1/32 or 1/64 oz jigs. Use your electronics to mark the fish and then stay on top of them and use a vertical presentation. Deep sand bars, gravel bars, and grass are holding fish for me.

Muskies are doing what ever they please, when they please. Yesterday we had 10 fish up, got one and missed a real dandy at the boat. Not an ideal day weather wise, but muskies were moving.

We saw fish on suicks, grandmas, Mo-Jo's, Bulldawgs, Cowgirls....so a little of everything was working. I am concentrating on the larger, deepest lakes right now. These lakes with their obvious volume of water didn't see the drastic rise in temp that a lot of other lakes have....I think these waters are more productive right now. We need to have some typical fall weather move in....once a weather change happens(what's that??) muskies will go nuts...as soon as we get some cooling temps there will be a large movement shallow.

Good Luck!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starweb.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	6976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starweb2.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	6977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27web.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	7007  
    Last edited by Rob Manthei; 09-17-2009 at 08:04 AM.
    Rob Manthei Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.robmanthei.com

http://www.stgermainlodge.com