www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: PMTT Update 09/11/09

Default PMTT Update 09/11/09

Hello everyone!

We have pre-fished hard for two days, and we have raised a number of muskies, including four today, one of which ate David's lure at boatside, and Dave purposely didn't set the hooks. We have a good game plan, now we just need some of the "L" factor to get a couple of these in the net the next two days. A big thank you goes out to my friend and fellow Frabill Prostaffer/guide Terry Hagstrom of Minneapolis for showing us the river more in detail today! Some BIG fish have been caught by other teams trolling, and we have three key trolling areas scouted out for the tourney. We blast off at 7:00am tomorrow morning. Beautiful river and scenery, and lots of water to cover!

More details to come.....
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com

Default Bring Home the big win!

Good luck Tom and David! Long road to get where You two Guy's are.

Default PMTT Day One

What a day! David and I had action all day long from eight different muskies ranging in size from 34" to 48", yet all we could muster was a huge 42" pike that Dave caught on one of his homemade bucktails!! Our friends Joe Andersen and Aaron Templin boated a 43"er on a cowgirl a hundred yards away, and while the judge boat was registering it, David yells "fish"! His rod was doubled and I knew he had a good one and the fish stayed deep the whole fight. Finally he got the head up, and I scooped it in the net, and when it rolled on it's side, I saw all of the spots!!!! Forty-two inches of Pike!! What a let down that was, even though it was a beautiful fish and David's biggest Pike ever! Congrats to Joe on his nice fish which has him in 11th place at the moment.

I raised a real hawg about 9:00am that was forty-eight inches long on a cowgirl, and saw seven other nice fish! David also had a 38"er ICBM out of the water missing his Boogerman buzz bait earlier in the morning. It was frustrating to be on so many fish, yet not get hooks in any of them. Anyways, we are headed back to the same area in the morning and hopefully the musky gods will smile on us! Weather is stable and more nice fish should be caught. Tony Grant is in the lead with four muskies up to 50"!! We need a bite tomorrow to try and keep our lead in the overall Team of the Year standings. Off to bed now, but wish us luck!
    Tom Dietz Outdoors
    Web Site: http://www.tomdietz.com