www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake Namekagon

Default Lake Namekagon

We are going to Lake Namekagon Sept 21-Oct 1. Mainly going for pike and muskie. This will be my first early fall trip up to wisconsin. What are the water temps like. Im guessing the muskie will be everywhere and anywhere, but what about the pike? Any other lakes we should ck out while we are up there? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
    Tim Trap

You are going to an excellent lake. Good pike population and some big muskies. Water temp about 50. The sucker bite will be on for the musky. Big Northern will be deep and some small ones around the weeds. The Chippewa Flowage also has good Northern population also. Hope this helps at little. Jim
    Jim Onarheim
    Hayward Lakes Visitors & Conventions Bureau
    Toll Free: 1-800-724-2992
    Web Site: http://www.haywardlakes.com

Default Turned out great

Just thought I would post my follow up report. Went to Lake Namekagon on Sept 21 - Oct 1. It was a crazy weather change fishing in shorts the first half the week surface temps in the low to mid 70's by the end of the trip surface temps were high 50's to low 60's. We got a bunch of small pike in the shallows. Biggest one was 31" and several over 28". Got 6 muskie 39", 40", 41.5" tiger, 43.5", 46", and a 46" tiger caught them on bucktails and suicks and the 46" tiger on a sucker rig.
    Tim Trap