www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake Namekagon

Default Lake Namekagon

We are going to Lake Namekagon Sept 21-Oct 1. Mainly going for pike and muskie. This will be my first early fall trip up to wisconsin. What are the water temps like. Im guessing the muskie will be everywhere and anywhere, but what about the pike? Any other lakes we should ck out while we are up there? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
    Tim Trap

Tim,
    Water temps on area lakes are currently hanging around 70. I haven't fished namekagon in a while so my advice will be broad, fish any green weeds you can find, use a lot of big minnow baits and soft plastic jerk baits, hang a quick strke rigged sucker over the side for followers, and set the hook hard!
    If you don't have any experiance with live bait email me, I can point you in the right direction. Hiring a guide for half a day will really help you with how too and where. Google Bill Shumway or Daryl @ Bitten Tackle for the best guides on Namekagon.
    Other near by lakes worth checking out would have to include Lost Land and Teal Lakes, I'd be happy to guide you on those if you'd like.
    Good Luck!
    Jim Stroede
    715-635-7927
    Jim Stroede Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.jimstroedefishing.com