www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: not a muskie, but I'll take it any day

Default not a muskie, but I'll take it any day

I was fishing a local lake last night, fishing was tough. Strong east wind blowing, skys were blue, despite the mostly cloudy forcast i read on the internet.

About six oclock fairly large patch of dark rain lookin clouds blew in, i ran to my best spot on the lake, started to cast with my swim jig. Bang 3lb large mouth in the boat. I thought maybe something flashy would work tied on a bait i had put off as a "non producer" on the secound cast the rod about ripped out of my hands. I had the drag cranked down it was peeling drag like i did not have one. Before i seen the fish i thought i have a muskie, could not be anything else. well once in the net i was lookin at a very nice healthy pike. She measured 39" Not a muskie but ill take it.

About 10 minutes later i had a beast of a muskie jump like a dolphin out after my bait but the fish missed, later another missed fished did not see it, and a lazy follow as the clouds moved out. I did take a smaller bowfin at dusk. Great night for my last night, and what a sun set.

Super nice fish! Congrats!

Beautiful!

Thanks, it was that briefe feeding window that makes it all worth while. Dont get me wrong i love being out there enjoying nature. To have everything go the way you want it to is a real great feeling.