www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sept 9 Fishing Report

Talking Sept 9 Fishing Report

Hi Folks

Well September is here and fishing has been pretty good with the best bite yet to come. Since my last report, we came out of our second hot week of the summer, and fishing was spectacular during that week. Then we turned awful nice – crisp nights and warmer, comfortable days lowered waters temps into the low to mid 60’s. During this period, fish began their transition to minnows. Redtail chubs being the best of the minnows. The past few days have shown us warmer nights and warmer days which have raised overnight waters temps into the 69 to 70 degree range – this has put fish back on CRAWLERS !! We should see this up-and-down activity for awhile yet – until temperatures remain cool. We are locating fish of all varieties in both shallow weeds and timber. I have not been able to find any resemblance of a walleye on rock bars yet.

MUSKIE activity remains fair even with the spectacular days we’ve been getting the past two weeks. 6-inch Suicks have been deadly, followed closely by its larger 9-inch cousin. There’s been a slight down sizing in the fish as of late and I am assuming some of the larger fish have gone into suspending on many area lakes. Again, look to the cooler temperatures and we should start seeing some sucker activity start to produce action. Fish are being found mainly around deep weed edges so concentrate your efforts on these types of places. Low light conditions, early mornings and evenings have been the best. If we get a change in the weather and you’re lucky enough to be here when it happens we should see some interesting moments in Musky fishing.

That’s it for now. See you on the water. Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chad 1.JPG 
Views:	438 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	6942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	richard 1.JPG 
Views:	415 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	6943  
    Jeff's Guide Service
    Jeff Winters

Web Site: http://www.jeffsguideservice.com
    E-Mail:jeffwintersguide@gmail.com
    Phone: 715-385-9313