www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Help ... Butternut/Flambeau Flowage Info

Default Help ... Butternut/Flambeau Flowage Info

Hi Guys

I am looking for any reports over the next couple weeks as my dad and I will be coming back up to the Great Northwoods for some fall fishing. We will be staying on Butternut lake and we will be arriving Monday the 28th and fishing through Friday the 2nd. He and I will be targeting Pike and we love to cast spinnerbaits for them , we also have a couple other guys coming up the 29th that will be targeting walleyes for the week . We have fished mostly the Flowage in and around Park falls and FiField and have also tried Blockhouse for Pike over the last 4-5 years. We have fished the TTF once with limited luck and plan to stay on the smaller bodies of water for this trip.Hoping for some great action , would love to run into some of those Tank Smallies up there for some catch and release too ! We always hit Annie's in Park Falls for the homemade pizza and cold beers - anyone have any other eating "Hot Spots" we should try please feel free to add that too !

Any help would be great !

Thanks in Advance !

Chad

Default butternut

for walleyes on butternut drift the 20ft flat in front of the island with a small jig/minnow. also fish the 20ft edge in front of northern pines. this worked for me real well in late october last year and could probably do well in that time if the water is cold enough. not many pike in butternut but lots of muskies, target rocks in 10ft and remaining weeds near the inlets/outlets.

Fished Butternut this weekend, targeted pan fish. Ended up with a nice batch of perch off of old cribs. Walleyes have been pretty slow this year. Like teenfisher reported you will more likely catch a musky before a northern if you are casting spinnerbaits on Butternut. Good Luck.

heading north tommorow will be fishing butternut and the upper Park Falls
    flowage. Only target skies this summer's been brutal been north 3 times only
    1 boated. If it's northern and smallies go to the flowage we had good luck with both try drifting along the golf course or drift through the stumpfield next to the airport or either of the big slew's you should have no problem.
    i'll post a report when i get back and let you know how it went.

Flambeau Riverman

You are better fishing the Lac Du Flambeau and the chain rather than the lakes you mention. There is a good northern bite in the weedlines in most of the lakes, and have patience to drop it down to the base of the weedlines outer edge along with going through the weeds. You will pick up some decent pike, some bass and possibly a bonus walleye or musky toward evening.

Thanks for all the info guys ! 10 days and counting ! Starting to see those fish in my sleep - I have got the fever bad already ! Hoping you are all catching fish ! Riverman hopefully you had a great trip - looking forward to the report ! We have fished the first pool in Park Falls , but have never put in by the golf course - I looked it up on google earth and it looks good all the way past the airport. Are the stumps you are talking about on the south side by the bays ? Anyway thanks again !

Tight lines !!

Chad

Default park falls butternut area

Chad the post is in the Park Falls Butternut area.
    Flambeau Riverman