Fishing this past week was still good to excellent. Our fish are on the move so the bite is not the same every day. Most of the walleyes are being caught in 10 - 20 feet of water. The fishing has been good from Councellor Creek to Iron Nation. Also there was some limits caught this weekend south of the Big Bend Dam. Our size of our limits are running from 15 - 20 inches.

Here is my weekend fishing report. On Sat. I fished with a family (grandpa, grandma, and grandson (12 yrs old)) from Fairmont, MN. We had outstanding fishing both days. On Sat we consistently caught fish all day. Our boat caught around 60 fish. On Sunday it was a little slower for me to start. I had only 4 fish at 10:00 a.m., but ended up with my limit by noon. We caught 50 fish and quit fishing at 12:30 p.m. Excellent fishing on both days. Zach is trying to collect the $1.50 he won from his grandpa. Today Ken and I fished with a family from the Worthington, MN area. We had our fish caught by 11:00 a.m. No one knows which boat caught more fish, but we are certain that it was ours. A fun trip for all. One of the best days of fishing I have had in 3 or 4 weeks. Outstanding Labor Day Weekend Fishing.

News about Norma. The treatments in Rochester, MN are working. Her tumors are down 50%. She is feeling good. Hopefully things will steadily improve and she will beat this. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

Look forward to seeing you
Mike Allen