www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: First Musky...I'm Hooked!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the reply Thad. I would love to spend some time at Evergreen. In my search for Muskie water, I had planned on going to Evergreen sooner than later actually. I'm coaxing my wife into the world of Muskies...I'm winning! I'm sure, as you said, we could easily fill the day with both Alaska stories, as well as new and old Musky stories!

We'll be on Shelbyville tonight till moon and beyond, camping, then back out before dawn. I guess that means my wife is open to Muskie Hunting?!?! Stay in touch.

Chris (and Jean)

Thumbs up

I adored this story! Welcome to the madness, and fantastic job- catching the fish and telling the story! Nice fish! Please, if you have not already, fill out the online musky creel survey here : http://www.dnr.state.il.us/fish/muskiecard.htm

The Illini Muskies Alliance and the Illinois Department of Natural Resources are jointly sponsoring a muskie creel survey. The purpose of the survey is to gain valuable information regarding muskies caught, which only you, the angler can provide. Anglers catching a muskie should complete the information requested below and send this back to IDNR (via e-mail). Please practice CATCH and RELEASE.

Some have had difficulty using the online creel survey- the old "green card" was basically a postcard you filled out and dropped in the mail. If you have problems for any reason e-mailing from the above link then fill it out, print it, and send it to:

Steve Pallo, IDNR Fisheries Chief
    One Natural Resources Way
    Springfield, IL 62702-1271

Thanks for the reminder Mike. I got back to the bait shed just after they closed to fill out a card and intended to do it online, but don't believe I got to it. Absolutely I will submit one directly.

Thanks for the reply

Chris