www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Cap City Outing

Default Cap City Outing

Hey Herbie,

How's the outing going doing so far??? Has Painter fell in yet??? Any info would be great.

Gerard

Sorry Herbie I didn't see that theedz alreay asked how they are doing. I didn't scroll down far enough. Opps!

Default herbie

sorry about not getting back sooner,had problems for a few day with being able to log on.
    great guys,had a full camp besides the ccmi groupand all got along well.
    walleye fishing was again very good with the redfield and reichert groups recording multiple fish 28-31 1/2"
    weather was nice,too nice and it affected the muskys some,had alot of hot flat sunny weather for the first real extended time all season at the wrong time of the year .it's supposed to be slowly dropping not raising and it seemed to make the fish a bit lethargic and lazy though by weeks end alot of fish were showing up in the weeds again in typical sunny weather fashion.still were some big fish on the rocks but the weed fish seemed more aggressive.most likely due to the cooler temps under the weeds and higher oxygen levels.
    i know brian had 7-8 fish for the week,the uselmans 5-6including the 2 boys first muskys to 49,cory had at least a few but you don't hear much unless it's a jumbo,cal had a 51,bill had a 50,scott a 48",andy had 2 48's,a bunch of 40-46" stuff,etc etc .
    some of the guides had 20+ follow days last 2 days hooking 3-5 landing one or 2. mostly 40-47" fish biting and staying on,several 48-49 caught,only 2 50's all week ,lowest number we've had this season.i do know of at least 9-10 big fish 50+ that were on and lost last week,frustating when they are nipping and slapping,but the wind has kicked in today,water temps dropped back into the 60's with the mixing and prelim reports today was more aggressive fish.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Thanks for the update, Herbie. Maybe I can get up there next year. Its been too long.

Later
    Gerard

Default herbie

it appears the the wind has mixed the water dropping water temps and the fish seem to be now getting used to the higher water temps,already a 51 and 52 and a 49 early this week,more and aggressive fish with a slower week and fewer fishermen,next few weeks more fishermen and should tell a clearer story.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

The weather did make it tough...but as usual, we had our shots at some nice fish. We had some nippers that didn't get hooked, inlcuding some bigger fish. My partner, Matt had his first trip to eagle and was VERY impressed with the lake and said Andy Myers lodge is by far the best he has stayed at all across Canada!

I took him down west the second day and we had 14 different fish up including a Super tanker that we had up twice....needless to say he was impressed.

We even took a break one day in the flat hot calm weather and hammered some eyes on every reef we stopped to fish....so that was fun!

No one from the group hit anything (on the water, Gary hit a deer on the way up :-) or had major boat troubles.

Great trip....wish I was back up now!

Thanks again Herbie!

Cory