The fishing going into the fall looks to be good to excellent. On our guide boats we are still catching 40 - 80 fish per day with an occasional day of over 100 fish. The fish size of our limits are from 15 - 19 inches. Our depths of water vary from day to day. One day we are fishing in 10 feet of water and the next day in 25. The walleyes are chasing shad, which have seem to be on the move.

We are having the best guide season on record. The fishing has been the best we have seen in at least 12 years and our service is having its best year ever. Our guides are looking forward to fishing with you this fall.

Here is my weekend fishing report. This weekend Ken Allen and I fished with a family from the Grand Island and North Platte, NE area. The guys (3, Mike's boat) and the gals (3, Ken's boat) had a fishing contest for 3 days. On Sat we fished from the Pumphouse to North of West Bend. We caught fish in most of my good spots. Total fish for my boat was around 80 fish. The guys beat the gals by 3/4 of a pound. On Sun we fished the same areas. My boat caught 60 fish. I caught my best fish close to West Bend. The guys lost to the gals 3 lbs. On Monday my boat fished in the same areas as Sunday. We caught 50 fish, and quit fishing by noon. We caught more fish on Mon, but still got beat by the girls (.40). We think something was rigged, but can't prove it. This was the best South Dakota fishing trip that this group has ever been on. Overall we figured the group with 2 boats caught 400 fish in 3 days.

Look forward to seeing you
Mike Allen